Starting English learning at an early age brings with it many advantages. The more exposure to a language, the easier and more natural it becomes to learn and use that language. One of the most effective and enjoyable ways to learn English at an early age is to read books. English books; It is a very useful resource that improves reading skills and makes English learning more permanent and effective for children with visual memory.
At the same time, by choosing books from various genres for your children, you can make them learn many terms and expand their vocabulary. While literary works teach children the English language, they also present various cultures, countries and various peoples to children. In short, literary works in a foreign language have numerous benefits for children. In this article, you will see recommendations for enjoyable and educational English books at beginner-intermediate and advanced levels, respectively, and if you want, you can take a look at our other content, where we discuss the most read novels and books by level. We wish you pleasant reading in advance.
Here are some children’s books that are suitable for English learners:
- “The Cat in the Hat” by Dr. Seuss
- “Green Eggs and Ham” by Dr. Seuss
- “Where the Wild Things Are” by Maurice Sendak
- “Charlotte’s Web” by E.B. White
- “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle
- “Goodnight Moon” by Margaret Wise Brown
- “Corduroy” by Don Freeman
- “The Giving Tree” by Shel Silverstein
- “Curious George” by H.A. and Margret Rey
- “Madeline” by Ludwig Bemelmans
These books are not only entertaining but also help children learn vocabulary, sentence structure, and grammar. They also often feature simple illustrations to help with comprehension.